Wednesday 20 March 2013

Exmoor River Water Experimenting

A couple of weeks ago I went up to Exmoor, I went out with no real plan, but it was a nice sunny day. I did not see much wildlife and took more shots of the landscape, but was not happy with the photographs, until I stopped at a river where I decided to experiment with shutter speeds on my camera to create a different effect to the water in the middle of the river was a large rock which I used to help show the motion in the water. below are my results, which I am happy with:    

First I tried the shot with the shutter speed at 1/13 seconds, without using an object to help show the movement of the water.


These next two photographs I wanted to use the rocks and stones to help show the movement of the water, with the first image (below) I used a shutter speed of 1/25 seconds, which I liked but wanted the water movement more misty.
 

 So with this photograph I tried the shutter speed at 0.5 seconds which shows greater motion in the water and I like how you can see more of the rocks under the water.
 

 Here I tried to show the detail of the rocks because I liked the moss and the sunlight at the top of the rock.   
 

 Soon I am planning to do a lot more post to the blog about projects and more wildlife and experimenting.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment